Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

I was just trying to find out I heard that if an employee

Customer Question

I was just trying to find out I heard that if an employee has 20 employees or more that work 30 plus hours a week that they still have to provide Insurance to the full-time employees is this true or not
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time it is my wife and she is the GM full time salary 50 plus hours a week
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

A CO employer is not legally required to offer health insurance to its employees. However, if the employer does offer health insurance and purchases it using Colorado’s small business marketplace / Small Business Health Options Program [SHOP], then, it must offer coverage to all full-time employees. That means people who work an average of 30 or more hours per week or 130 hours per month.

Note: Just Answer’s site disclaimer apply to all services including premium services. This information may not be correct, complete or reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. Please do not act or fail to act based on it alone. Most follow-up questions are answered within 24 hours. Please assign a feedback rating when we are done so JA will compensate me for this answer. Thank you.

Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

P.S. Please remember to assign a positive feedback rating on this so that Just Answer will compensate me for this answer. Thank you.

Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.