Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  More than 30 years in legal practice.
17897874

If a school board member resigns effective June 30, 2017,

Customer Question

If a school board member resigns effective June 30, 2017, even though the Board of Education accepts that resignation, can he recind that resignation prior to June 30th?
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Sorry, Pennsylvania
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The Board passed a resolution accepting that resignation.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.
Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I hope to answer your question with 5 star service.
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.
The board member can request the board allow them to rescind their resignation, but the board is under no obligation to do so. The board would need to vote to reverse the resolution accepting the resignation, but the resignation is effective when given and accepted. I am sorry. I wish I could tell you otherwise.
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.
I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.
Are you online with me?
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!