Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am currently working as a contractor in Company via

Customer Question

Hey hi
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I am currently working as a contractor in Company B via Company A. Company A processes my salary slips and I am a Full Time Employee of Company A.... Now Company B is offering me Full time ...... So I want the help from your side regarding my employment contract which I signed with Company A After you review the contract, if you can let me know I can join Company B or not
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Arizona
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: at will and Full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think so this is it!
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  BusinessResourceLaw replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you.

So let me make sure that I understand this correctly. You are employed full time by Company A, which sounds like it may be a staffing agency, and you want to know if you can accept employment from Company B, which you have been assigned by Company A to work for. As you correctly point out, this will depend on the terms of your agreement with Company A, which I'll be happy to review for you.

Typically, the agreement between a staffing agency and its employees doesn't prohibit employment with one of its clients (Company B). Instead, it's the agreement between the staffing agency and its clients that sets forth the terms under which the client may directly hire one of the agency's employees - typically there is a fee involved if the direct hire takes place before a certain time period. However, please send me your contract and I'll be happy to take a look and let you know.