Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My employer has on record that I am employed in Phoenix, AZ

Customer Question

My employer has on record that I am employed in Phoenix, AZ but live in Dallas, Tx. If I need to hire an attorney, which state should the attorney be in?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am currently living in Texas.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: at will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: full time I am on long term disability -my employer is messing with my health benefits payments.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Where do you physically work from?

2. Are you an employee or an independent contractor getting a 1099?

3. What do you do for the employer?

Doug

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am on long-term disability and not working however, my employer's records show that I physically work in Phoenix, AZ. I worked from home. I changed my physical address with my employer to Dallas, Texas.I am an employee.I am a Project Manager.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

I see you asked for a call. Do you still want one?

Doug