Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I was terminated from my job for being accused of violating

Customer Question

I was terminated from my job for being accused of violating some rules of the company. after I went to court and was found of no wrong doing. I still was not offered my job back. Iwas fired the next day after being accused and then I get a letter saying my termination was overturned like some one went and tampered with my employment status. is this legal?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: louisiana
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: i know it was full time but i don't know about the at will but it was not a union job
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have the paperwork for my termination and for the overtuned termination one is signed one is not
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

As a general matter, employment in the state of Louisiana is "at will" absent an express agreement to the contrary. At will employment can be terminated for any reason not amounting to discrimination on the basis of a legally protected trait (race, religion, gender, etc.) or retaliation for engaging in certain forms of legally protected conduct (filing a wage claim, taking FMLA leave, etc.). It doesn't matter whether the basis for termination is fair, reasonable or even true.

Since employment can be terminated at any time for virtually any reason, there is nothing unlawful about firing someone, only to later re-evaluate the decision and give the employee their job back.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.