Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

My company gave out my ssn without my permission to union

Customer Question

My company gave out my ssn without my permission to union hall over email is that legal in Pennsylvania
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: It was a key note agreement between employer and union hall out of state not my union hall
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in Pennsylvania which company is based out of and they are doing work in Massachusetts
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Union members have book numbers to identity them so ssn not to be used
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.
Not legal. It exposed you to identity fraud. If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what my company did was illegal? And I can take the company to court?
I would try to settle out of court
Faster and cheaper. Good luck. Kindly rate me five stars.