Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I received my final check from my employer. the payroll

Customer Question

i received my final check from my employer. the payroll check bounced. he kept promising to make good. he hasn't. i' m in buffalo ny. who do i call that i can get through to to handle this for me
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: it is buffalo new york. what number can i call to get through to somebody without waiting 30 minutes
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time. at will. he cut me the check--it bounced
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

At this point, you want to file a wage claim with the NY Department of Labor. There is no need to call anyone on the phone--the Labor Department will contact you once they receive your complaint. Use this form and submit it to the address contained on the form.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....