How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 34003
Experience:  More than 30 years in legal practice.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a postal worker living in state, working in Oregon. I

Customer Question

I am a postal worker living in Washington state, working in Oregon. I have been accused of stealing/using a credit card while working in Washington State. Can you recommend a good criminal attorney--hopefully pro bono--that I can contact?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I was working in Washington state when its alleged I stole. Now I work in Astoria, although I plan on retiring asap
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The OIG talked to me and said they'd be back. They also asked me to take a polygraph, and I accepted, but I don't want to now.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was caught so off guard, and didn't ask for union representation. I also signed that they could question me.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review the question. I will post my response shortly.

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

You have no legal obligation to incriminate yourself or even speak to law enforcement.

The terms of the collective bargaining agreement will control, but you can withdraw the consent to questioning and I would not advise making any statements without legal representation.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!