How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 56900
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in management position that I going to scale down due

This answer was rated:

I am in management position that I going to scale down due to a stroke 1.5 years ago. My boss will do a hybrid of my job but wants to put a 90 trial on it. What are my options?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Indiana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: What do you mean?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: What would be filed or reported?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Are you asking if they can let you go? Severance related? Change the position?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They will change the position with less responsibility and less money, but add a 90 trial period as if I was a new employee.
The change is legal. The probation is not and suggestive of discrimination. You can oppose it. and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. if needed, If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage. The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
Often these options are not needed if you or a lawyer speak to HR
Infolawyer and 4 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Employment Law Questions