How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5623
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 47 years old and have been found to have progressively

This answer was rated:

I am 47 years old and have been found to have progressively memory loss after being tested my neuropsychologist. I also was diagnosed with a seizure disorder 10 years ago. I would like to take FMLA while waiting on my new neurologist to complete all testing because I am struggling on performing my job as a registered nurse. Can the neuropsychologist sign the FMLA paperwork?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: It is Georgia
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I work for the VA and is a part of the union
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is it

Any doctor or healthcare provider can sign off on your FMLA paperwork. As long as they have knowledge of your serious medical conditions and can describe the treatment, estimated length of leave and rationale on why you need leave.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

John and 4 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you