LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  30+ years legal experience and I keep current in Employment Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

I have an employee involved in a traffic accident. she has a

I have an employee involved in a traffic accident. she has a note from an urgent care doctor that she can return to work with no restrictions, is that sufficient in Maryland, I would like to have a note from her regular doctor and it stating on lifting or standing since her job requires that, she stated to some of our employees that she may have a facture back
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: maryland
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: part time non union
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades and I handle employment law.

The Work Release from the licensed physician is more than sufficient for your employee to be safely put back to work. You do not have the legal right to demand that she see her family physician and generate a medical report for your use.

As for the "may have a fractured back" comment----she sounds a bit melodramatic and pandering for sympathy from her co-workers, as opposed to making a realistic diagnosis of her own medical condition.

Keep an eye on her for a few days if that will make you more comfortable----but under the law, the note from urgent care is all that you need to allow her back to work.

You may reply back to me again if you have additional questions, and I will continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

Good evening,

Is there anything else I can assist you with today? It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars so that I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug

Thank you for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope that you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise. I am generally available at least 6 days a week, and often 7, and it would be my privilege to assist you again in the future.

I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply asking for me by name, Doug, in the first sentence of your new question.

Thanks again.

Doug