Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I am an RN at a hospital in Tn. I would like to know what my

Customer Question

I am an RN at a hospital in Tn. I would like to know what my rights are concerning being called off due to low patient census and being placed on call without being paid for my on call time. I have never worked anywhere that I was not paid even a small amt. per hour when placed on call.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in the state of Tn.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Employer has the right to set hours, but you need to be paid for on call time. If not paid you may report it to HR and to the union if you have a union position. You may escalate with complaint to the labor board and a lawyer may send a demand letter for payment citing to the fair labor standards act.

If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am very upset that I was lead to believe the fee for my question was $5. After I entered my payment info., I was charged $36. I want my money back. I will not recommend this website to anyone.