Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I started working for Sierra West Airlines in 2013. They…

Customer Question
I started working for...

I started working for Sierra West Airlines in 2013. They wanted me to fly out of El Paso TX after that they wanted me to fly out of t

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Its in Texas. After a year they wanted me to fly out of Tolto Ohio. I moved to Ohio in2014. Texas doesn't have state tax.the State of Ohio says I owethem taxes for 2013. I sent them payroll stubs. It has been two years and now the say I owe them money for 2013 again. So how do I sue them to keep from haveing to pay money I do not owe?

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

All I know is they want me to pay it in ten days.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No mam.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
4/2/2017
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney with Just Answer. I ran across your question this evening and wanted to provide you with a solid answer. In your case, you've been issued what's called a tax assessment. Although this is not pleasant, you do have some options to appeal this. But how do you do this?

While you may informally contact the Department to request more information about an assessment, to protect your appeal rights you must submit your objection(s) to an assessment in writing to this Department. For most taxes, you must file the Petition For Reassessment within 60 days of your receipt of the assessment with all applicable documentation to support your objection (some taxes such as personal property tax are based on mailing date). Instructions on filing appeals and payment requirements are provided with the notice of assessment. To ensure expedited processing of your petition, always include the taxpayer identification number and assessment number on all correspondence and/or payments submitted.

Many assessment issues can be resolved by an informal conference conducted by telephone or at a department office. Visiting an office allows you to present documentation supporting your objections to the assessment as well as discuss any questions you have.

For the kind of tax you are suggesting, please mail to: ***** ***** of Taxation PO Box 1090, Columbus, OH###-##-####

The petition may also be hand-delivered to either of the following locations: Ohio Department of Taxation, 4485 Northland Ridge Blvd., Columbus, Ohio 43229 or Ohio Department of Taxation, 30 E. Broad St. 22nd Floor, Columbus, Ohio 43216.

Please include any applicable schedules, income statements (W2's/1099's) or worksheets with the submission.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, thanks for using Just Answer!

Also, it’s the worst part of my job to ask, but would you be able to provide me with your opinion of my service? It helps both me and Just Answer get better on figuring out how to serve you. Remember, follow up questions in this thread are free!

Hi, I just wanted to follow up to see if you had any questions and whether you were ready to rate your opinion of my service. Thanks so much!