Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am having trouble with my precious employer. They are

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I am...

Hi Pearl, I am having trouble with my precious employer. They are basically refusing to pay me my last hours worked. I have tried 2 times already and I did not get a response. When I asked if they were refusing to pay the owner of the company sent me an email directly with things that are not true, making accusations that are not correct. I went through my phone history and past events That I have proof of me doing no wrong. this letter proves and shows a form of retaliation and as well as him still not wanting to pay my hours owed. they are not very many hours Pearl, but at this time I can use every penny that I can find. I believe that I have a little more then just what I mentioned. I have conversations with my foreman which contradicts everythin that the owner is saying. The owner and the foreman which I was under are both very aggressive people. They like to push people around and intimidation is there tool in which they have always accomplished to make everyone fear them and not do much about situations that are happening in the work place. Is this something that I should consider following through? and it has been more then 14 days since I quit that company and I still have not recieved any payment for my services that I offered to the company while I was still with that outfit. Please guide me in the right direction Pearl and let me know that there is someway of making this right. I was an outstanding worker and was acknoledged frequently by my foreman, why are they doing this? Anger, they are upset because I left the company becuase I could not take all the mental abuse that was happening with this company. thank you for your time

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This happend in Arizona Mesa arizona to be exact

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have only asked for my pay from my employer and other then his letter of rejection and accusations, no

Lawyer's Assistant: This sounds important. The lawyer will definitely help you with this. I'm going to connect you with a lawyer who has 8775 happy customers and a 4.6 out of 5 Rating. Anything else we should know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of as of now Pearl, thank you very much

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2017
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Loren, Lawyer

I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

You can file a wage complaint with the Industrial Commission of Arizona to recover unpaid wages. You can file online at the following the following link:

ARIZONA WAGE COMPLAINT

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!

Loren, Lawyer