Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My co-worker punch me in working place, how lawyer can help…

Customer Question
my co-worker punch me in...
my co-worker punch me in working place, how lawyer can help me to get a fair treatment
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/21/2017
Employment Lawyer: Nathan Barrett,
 replied 1 year ago
Nathan Barrett
Hello, I am very sorry to hear about what happened. Your recourse will likely be limited to a civil assault or battery case against your coworker unless your workplace committed some type of negligence that allowed this type of violence to occur, i.e. negligence in hiring (there was something that should have set off flags in the person's background) or perhaps the coworker was threatening you, you reported it to the supervisor, and the supervisor did nothing.
Employment Lawyer: Nathan Barrett,
 replied 1 year ago
The practical concern is that your coworker may not have any assets to pursue. Your employer most likely would have assets to pursue; however, it is much more difficult to tie this to them.
Nathan Barrett
Nathan Barrett
Nathan Barrett