How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 57297
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had been with my employer for almost 2 years, in that time

This answer was rated:

I had been with my employer for almost 2 years, in that time I have used my company business cards for a plethora of reasons. To of course purchase items for the company, in addition I have withdrawn cash to reimburse myself for paying his employees when he neglected to pay them on time. In addition on several occasions I have withdrawn cash for a varity of reasons and returned the funds usually when the bank opened the following business day. Not once has the owner in two years expressed that he didn't want me to use my business card for personal transactionstatement. I withdrew $205 dollars for personal use and returned the money the following monday when the bank opened in full. He now has terminated me for embezzlement and I'm in jeopardy of losing my accountability in a 29yr career. Can he do this if I very been using these practices since my employment without notification of any kind not to?...scared!
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oregon
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm an onsite Manager and have been given a week to move, and I'm looking for employment elsewhere and afraid his reference will destroy my chances of employment
Company cannot defame you.
Worse case it will only confirm employment.
If concerned a lawyer can negotiate separation terms.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.If needed If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Infolawyer and 4 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I simply need to know if he legally had the right to terminate me using the verbiage for termination as embezzlement? And can help say this to a prospective employer when they request a reference?