Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

Second opinion] I am asking on behalf of my son. His

Second opinion] I am asking on behalf of my son. His employer takes over a month to pay their employees. My son believes his employer has repeatedly shorted him on hours, but it is difficult to quantify as it takes his employer so long to pay their employees. How can we get his employer to pay the missing hours?
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.
Customer: What..?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in? What confuses you?
Customer: I was confused about the PayPal comment... We live in Florida.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: At will. Part time.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He has spoken with his employer directly, and was told they would look into it. He has not heard anything from them, so he e-mailed them yesterday. Still no response...
I am sorry this happened. I will do the following: 1. suggest options for pursuing a case 2. preparation tactics 3. way to find a local lawyer if you still wish to involve one but can save on fees by following steps 1 and 2
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Often a lawyer call is sufficient to get settlement.If needed If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow upKindly rate me five stars.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK. What's next..?
If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You mentioned suggesting options for pursuing a case...what are my son's options..?

I thought they came through.

Here it is again:

You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.

martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.

Often a lawyer call is sufficient to get settlement.

If needed If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This was very helpful! I was pass along to my son and help him get organized with his facts.He has already met with his employer a few weeks ago and presented them with details concerning the past six months - it totals almost 125 hours that they shorted him! They said they would get back with him...nothing...He sent them a reminder e-mail yesterday looking for the 125 hours. He also stated in his e-mail to them that he would start gathering information for the six months prior to that... If he doesn't get a response, or some type of commitment, he will then contact a lawyer.We assume that the employer has does this to other employees - most are in the late teens and early 20's, so I think he tries to take advantage of their youth and naivety. As you said, hopefully a letter from an attorney will resolve this, as I assume that would not want a full blown investigation as this could cost them a lot more than just for one employee... Any advice on finding him a lawyer?Again, thanks for the info! I will be rating 5 stars!

Very welcome!

If done others, consider a class action!!