Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was conducting an interview and the applicant informed me…

I was conducting an interview...
I was conducting an interview and the applicant informed me they had a security clearance so I didn't need to run a background check. What does that mean? And if they have a security clearance as long as they sign the authorization form, I can still run a background check, right?
3/16/2017
Infolawyer, Lawyer
It likely relates to a prior check or government job. You should still run a check as at the very least something may have happened since then. Good luck. Kindly rate me five stars.
Infolawyer, Lawyer