Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My question is concerning COBRA administrators, am I at the

right place? JA: Have you documented...
My question is concerning COBRA administrators, am I at the right place?
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: Yes, my husband was terminated 10/31/2015 & I have been on COBRA through his employer since then. 3 different administrators and most recently, I am making the payments, direct withdrawal from my account and it takes a minimum of 15 business days for the insurance to be effective.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time and we are covered until 4/30/17 if paid.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been in contact with the administrators at least 5 times a month and they confirm premimum is paid
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/21/2017
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What exactly is the issue with your COBRA? Can you please clarify what you are attempting to achieve in this situation?

I simply want the coverage I have paid for to be in force in a timely manner!

There is not really a lapse, because because COBRA applies retroactively to the date that it is applied for and when eligibility begins. So while there may be a gap while the paperwork is processed administratively, those days are covered retroactively once COBRA is approved.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of THREE OR MORE STARS and then click FINISH to submit that rating, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating (it does not cost anything extra to rate).

Ely, Counselor at Law
Ely, Counselor at Law