How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Second opinion] yes pleaseJA: Family law varies by state.

Customer Question

Second opinion] yes pleaseJA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?Customer: texasJA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?Customer: noJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: need clarification with divorce decree wording and more
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. What is your question?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Prior to Feb. 3, 1991, disposable retired pay was defined as meaning the amount of gross retired pay remaining AFTER DEDUCTION for income comes. However, Congress changed the definition through the enactment of P.L. 101-510 in 1990, which took effect on February 3, 1991. In essence, the revised definition of “disposable retired pay” EXCLUDED income taxes. Thus, since February 3, 1991, “disposable retired pay” as defined in 10 USC § 1408(a)(4), refers to a “BEFORE TAX” amount. Although is has been nearly 20 years since the change in the law occurred, many lawyers and judgment still “just don’t do it.”I need clarification on this.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I pay taxes on my retirement pay, why should ex get her division from gross pay not after my taxes are taken out? ex does not claim getting this money from me!
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

This is really a tax question, and I don't work in tax law. I'm going to opt out and let someone else help you. Please do not reply ,as that can cause delays. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
one more.unreimbursed medical expenses.pretty much ex has 30 days to submit them, its been almost 8 years and now because this came up she claims to have 2K work of expenses . am I still responsible? ex has double coverage but won't admit it also.