Employment Law

Subject: Company mistakes resulting in no pay Union – IBEW…

Customer Question
Subject: Company mistakes resulting in...
Subject: Company mistakes resulting in no pay
Union – IBEW 953
The following are the events mostly documented by text messages where I feel the company and union did not follow proper procedures resulting in no pay and undo stress. No legal papers were signed. It appears by the text my boss sent me he was on some type of ... Read full answer
Union – IBEW 953
The following are the events mostly documented by text messages where I feel the company and union did not follow proper procedures resulting in no pay and undo stress. No legal papers were signed. It appears by the text my boss sent me he was on some type of drug. Very confusing reading Tim’s text. See example at the end of this letter.
Events are as follows
December 14th
Companywide layoff. Verbal notice.
December 27th
Matts boss Tim Frost ask me to look at a limb in down town Osceola. Matt was laid off but agreed to help Tim out. Matt reported back to Tim regarding the situation. During this phone call I had my daughter with me. She was climbing on the railings and I kept telling her to stay off. The reason this part of the story is significant is that on January
January 2nd
Matt received a text from Tim Frost to report to work without any notice. Matt called in and stated her was sick as he did see a doctor January 3rd. During his visit, he was told to stay off work until he was better.
January 4th
Matt told Tm Frost that he just got out of the hospital and would be in tomorrow. Later that afternoon Matt text Tim to see if he was working. Many hours later Tim got back to Matt and said we are off, no work.
January 8
Matt on Sunday January 8th text Tim Frost 4 times to see if he was working Monday. Tim get back to me late Sunday and said no work.
January 9th
Tim said Matt, I don’t you understand, you are not being called back to work. Matt text back to Tim immediately and said I am at a church heading into a funeral and will talk later. Matt called back and Tim said you will be back in 6 to 9 months. Matt asked for the reason and Tim would not answer. After that Matt called Bradly the company union rep. Matt reviewed everything with Brady. Brady said he would look-into it.
January 13th
Matt called Brady for a update. Brady said the company treated you unjustly. Brady was not happy.
January 19 &24
Matt left Brady two voice mails each day inquiring about what was going on. Late on the 24 Brady call back. In a 24 minute conversation Brady said he agrees with the company.
FYI – Matt did not sign release papers nor did Matt fail any tests. Matts file is spotless except for one breathalyzer test from Late September. Matt also has not been able to collect and unemployment and does not know why.
January 24th
Brady called Matt and said he should report back to work Monday January 30, 2017
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
1/26/2017
Employment Lawyer: Maverick, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

You may want to try to do this in writing and more formally if you want to get paid. Did you file a grievance using this form? If that does not resolve the issue, then you may need to hire a local labor law attorney. We are not permitted to represent JA's customers or to refer any particular lawyer to them; but this link may help you find the right lawyer. See this link.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating so that JA pays me for my time on your question. Thank you.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Kind of a lengthy question. Lets say someone named Bob works
Kind of a lengthy question. Lets say someone named Bob works in the finance department at a business and his boss is Tim. Now Tim submits mileage reports every couple weeks to be reimbursed for the co… read more
Judge Bill K ret.
Judge Bill K ret.
retired,
I gave my two week notice to my boss on June 25th. On June
I gave my two week notice to my boss on June 25th. On June 27th he called to tell me this was my last day. Am I eligible to be paid for the two weeks notice still? … read more
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq.
Attorney,
My name is***** i was working company (construction)
My name is***** i was working for a company (construction) i missed 5 days of work in a 3 week period. i slipped on new yrs on my right side ,just really sore so i took off mon,tue of the following we… read more
Attorney2020
Attorney2020
Lawyer,
Stop searching for answers—
Last January (2015) I was out of work on FMLA weeks. My
Last January (2015) I was out of work on FMLA for 2 weeks. My employer disabled my computer system accounts and badge while I was out of leave. We are not allowed to work while on FMLA. Before I left,… read more
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Employment Lawyer,
Juris Doctor, Cum Laude
Can my husband get fired due to miscommunication? My husband
Can my husband get fired due to miscommunication? My husband had been having high anxiety about his job and was off for 3 weeks with FMLA due to the panic attacks. He then decided that he wanted to go… read more
Attorney,
I work company called Stonemark Managment, On Sunday
I work for a company called Stonemark Managment, On Sunday 2 , 2015 there was a snowstorm, i couldnt make it to the property not only for family but for also safety reasons due to conditions. Sunday w… read more
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Employment Lawyer,
Juris Doctor, Cum Laude
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
My husband has been sick with a bad gallbladder and has been
My husband has been sick with a bad gallbladder and has been trying to get a surgeon to take it out but has been a long process. This past Monday my husband was so sick he could not go to work and cal… read more
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Employment Lawyer,
Juris Doctor, Cum Laude
In January of this year my suervisor (female) slammed me up
In January of this year my suervisor (female) slammed me up against wall and held one arm against my throat and other hand about inch from my nose with finger straight out about ready to shove in my n… read more
Lawyer,
I think I was discriminated against because of my age or time
I think I was discriminated against because of my age or time at employer. I have outlined my case below, I also have documentation to back this up. Senior VP of aftermarket forced out in December 201… read more
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
This company should be reported to the DOT for many reasons.
This company should be reported to the DOT for many reasons. I was hired to "help" teach drivers do their log correctly. Also to get documents signed stating that the drivers will do logs correctly. I… read more
MDLaw
MDLaw
Attorney,
I just want to know about reporting a company to DOT. If I
I just want to know about reporting a company to DOT. If I am trying to file a wrongful termination case, harassment case, and I also have proof that the company was given a 96.8% negative report from… read more
MDLaw
MDLaw
Attorney,
My boss wrote an email to the owners of the company explaining
My boss wrote an email to the owners of the company explaining the violated the sexual harassment laws with me over the weekend. And that he was prepared to resign. He also gave me a letter he typed s… read more
Attorney Wayne
Attorney Wayne
Attorney-at-Law,
Stop searching for answers—
My boss is forcing me to use vacation pay instead of
My boss is forcing me to use vacation pay instead of utilizing a regular day off. I previously requested vacation for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. My manager gave me wednesday, thursday as regular of… read more
Attorney,
I work for a fairly large Business/Private Jet Maintenance
I work for a fairly large Business/Private Jet Maintenance Company. I'm an Avionics Technician, with about 7 years at the company with NO trouble. A new completely tobacco free policy was instituted l… read more
Attorney Arcadier
Attorney Arcadier
Managing Attorney Partner,
This is my writen statement on what happened to me at work.
This is my writen statement on what happened to me at work. Tomarrow i'm having a meeting with the foreman Tim and his boss about the prob. My union will be there to represent me. I would like to here… read more
My son has worked for this locksmith company for 3 years, he
My son has worked for this locksmith company for 3 years, he has had his vacation days and has been late a couple times but always called in, his shift starts at 11am and this morning he called in at … read more
Attorney,
I was terminated December 19, 2008 for refusing to work on
I was terminated December 19, 2008 for refusing to work on my Scheduled weekend off without warning before Christmass the 20th & 21st of December! I filed for unemployment and was just discharged beca… read more
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq.
Managing Lawyer/Advocate,
My husband has recently been step up at work, someone has ...
My husband has recently been step up at work, someone has actually gone and said that my husband has broke equipment so when my husband was brought to the boss the boss said you broke equipment and wi… read more
Faye Lee
Faye Lee
JD and MBA and Masters of Law