Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I work at a small business. My boss is a male and I am a

Customer Question

I work at a small business. My boss is a male and I am a female. I have worked at this store for 1 year and almost 2 months. I am divorced. My boss is married but he confided in me that his marriage has been bad for 10 years and he has not had relations with his wife for that long. Recently we have gone out to dinner several times and have gotten close. His wife found out. She has now been harassing me with phone calls and has shown up at the store and harassed me. What do I do?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New York
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I am working part time again starting this week. It is not union. I was working full time hours the past couple months. Prior to that it was part time. Yesterday I was told by my boss that his wife said he had to fire me. So he told me I was fired and my last day would be 20 January 2017. Then today that changed and he said I could work part time indefinitely.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have two sons, ages 17 and 23.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

I can suggest some options for preparing and pursuing a case.

would you like that information?