Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

My director lied on the termination paperwork to get me out.

Customer Question

My director lied on the termination paperwork to get me out. I think it was for the sake of her staff budget. She denied my raise just before that based on a lie about something that had happened over a year ago. I have some proof that the writings were lies but the proof is based on what I wrote and other what another people will say for me, people who still will work under her. What if they all lie under oath? What if she lies under oath, will she get away with it? A lot of it is her opinion about a few things that she steched way out of proportion not actually hurting anyone or anything but she can make it sound like it could have hurt someone. Also something that another employee could have fixed at the time easily but did not because she wanted it to make me look bad.She also lied and said she fixed it for me but did not, just something written on a chart incorrectly. I can bring in witnesses if I sue the director for lying and she will play dumb and say she does not trust me. Is there anything I can do to prove this is to get rid of me based on the fact that she doesn't want to pay me as much as I am now making, I will need a total knee surgery done soon also so she wants me out. What she is saying makes it look like I suddenly have become incompetent. She said others agree but gives no names.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: kansas at will
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: at will would I have a case against her personally?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there any way I can sue her for lying about me, why doesn't she have to prove those things are true.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
We cannot account for "what ifs" It is your burden to present evidence to unemployment to show she is lying. This is done through documents to contradict what she is saying and also through any witness testimony you can put together. The best way to stop the people from lying is using a local unemployment law attorney as people are less likely to lie being questioned by an attorney that they believe knows the truth already (most unemployment attorneys do not charge you up front for representation and generally it increases your chances of success significantly).
She does have to present evidence supporting her case and you then have to present evidence to refute her evidence, that is how the burden shifting works in a legal process.
e
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you
e