How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19472
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I do substitute dentistry for doctors that are ill, on

Customer Question

I do substitute dentistry for doctors that are ill, on vacation, etc.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: 2 of my previous employers never paid me my wages
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I haven't sought any legal action yet. The total amount will be around $5000
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is there any legal way to collect my unpaid wages?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for the information.

You can make a formal written demand for the payment. If your demand is ignored, then you can file complaint for wage claim with your State's Department of Labor or file lawsuit at the Courthouse in the County where the employer is located.