How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19494
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a psychologist licensed to practice in CA. A client has

Customer Question

I am a psychologist licensed to practice in CA. A client has filed a complaint that is minor and unjustified, but the Board has pursued it. Can I sue the client (and/or Board) for harassment?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I am in solo private practice as a psychologist
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The complainant is motivated to neuter me as I was to testify on behalf of his ex-wife in family court.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You can sue the Client. However, you cannot sue the Board for exercising its responsibility to investigate the Client's complaint against you.

Best wishes,