How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19475
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I believe I was unjustly terminated from my salaried plus

Customer Question

I believe I was unjustly terminated from my salaried plus benefits job as the Beverage and Food manager from a major gobal hotel company in Henrico, Va (a Richmond suburb) after nine months of employment after I disclosed that I had recently been diagnosed with HIV. I have filed an unemployment claim and was denied after I was told by the managing parties that if I agreed and signed a document they sent me absolving them of any wrong doing and preventing me from bring future law suits against them they would pay me a small severance that basically equaled the debt they owed me currently for services(time) rendered and I refused while I tried to seek advise from legal counsel. I am in the process of waiting for the appeal date to proceed with my unemployment claim, mean while my health insurance has been canceled and because I have zero income I should receive Medicare but since I'm an 18+ yr old male I don't qualify for benefits. My lifesaving RX of Odefsey is extremely expensive and without it I am certainly going to experience and early demise. Do I have any recourse to have someone make and emergency decision forcing my former employer to continue my insurance coverage until my claim is adjudicated completely?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thx counselor, I look foreword to your response.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You can retain a civil rights Attorney who also handles employment discrimination issues to file the Emergency Motion for you for reinstatement of your insurance. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

You should also be filing complaint with U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or Commonwealth of Virginia Division of Human Rights. You do not need an Attorney to file complaint with the government agencies.

Best wishes,