How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Employment lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 42158
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have documents. not sure I understand the question... but

Customer Question

Hello My name is*****: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: Yes I have documents.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: not sure I understand the question... but out I have to say, we agreed on something and it turns out that was not the case.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was a salary employee, with a set payment amount and I just realized I was getting less pay.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Georgette you may want file a wage complaint with the US Department of Labor.You may be due the difference here and employer can be fined by DOL.This costs you nothing and may get you paid what you were promised.It is certainly worth a try.I know that this is frustrating for you so please pursue this.Yu deserve to be paid what you were promised.

File here

he information below is useful to file a complaint with WHD:

  • Your name
  • Your address and phone number (how you can be contacted)
  • The name of the company where you work(ed)
  • Location of the company (this may be different from where you worked)
  • Phone number of the company
  • Manager or owners name (who should we ask to speak to?)
  • Type of work you did
  • How and when you were paid (i.e. cash or check, every Friday)

Any additional information that you can provide such as copies of pay stubs, personal records of hours worked, or other information on your employers pay practices are helpful.If yu have documents as you state include them here to support your claim.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.I wish you the best here.