How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legalgems Your Own Question
legalgems, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 10033
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
legalgems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been overpaid on my unemployment benefits..... how

Customer Question

I have been overpaid on my unemployment benefits..... how should I approach this?
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 7 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 7 months ago.

What state is this in regards ***** *****?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  legalgems replied 7 months ago.

Thank you; the department regularly monitors for overpayments of benefits.

If the discrepancy is noticed, they will send a request for reimbursement for overpayment of payments. If there is no fraud involved (ie the applicant did not do anything purposefully to receive the overpayment) then they only require repayment, and will often work out a repayment plan. If there is fraud involved, they can prosecute based on the fraudulent conduct.

If one is aware of overpayment they can notify the department and request an audit

When a person initiates the issue by contacting the deparment they generally simply review the account and request the overpaid amount to be returned.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Expert:  legalgems replied 7 months ago.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.