Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I have a pension from the 80's company that held it is no

Customer Question

I have a pension from the 80's company that held it is no longer in business. Tried tracking and websites with no progress. I live in Fla. is there an agency that can help me? I have the certificate.
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: HR?
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I was employed full time, not union. When I left in they sent me the information on the insurance co. to contact but it's a long trail with no results Group Retirement Annuity Certificate
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't know of anything.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

The federal government passed the Pension Guarantee Act in 1974. It established the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation which is supposed to provide for any Pensions that were lost due to a company going out of business. You can contact the agency here:

http://www.pbgc.gov/

You can search for your Pension and file a claim if necessary.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no record there

I am sorry. That is the only agency that I know of that can help you.

Have you actually called the Agency? Sometimes the information on line is not fully searchable.

Kind regards,

Gerald