Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

My job has put out some medical information about me stating

Customer Question

my job has put out some medical information about me stating I HIV for 52 year they got in trouble be for posting on Facebook the going through a third party from an hangout that was cancel indifient ly
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: new jersey
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: union
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question for us regarding this issue? Can you clarify what happened?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
can I sue my job and the law enforcement agencies.

Thank you for your reply.

You can sue your job for putting out the information, but law enforcement agencies are exempt from being sued under the state statutory immunity laws. So you can sue the job and whoever published this information for the damage it has caused you and seek money damages and an order to them to remove the information.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.