How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerDavid Your Own Question
LawyerDavid, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 371
Experience:  Highly experienced attorney in Employment Law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
LawyerDavid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

An individual who is an Ecuadorian/USA citizen is working

Customer Question

An individual who is an Ecuadorian/USA citizen is working full time for my LLC in Ecuador. She wants to be employed as an Ecuadorian and not receive a W2 or 1099.Can that be legally done?If she gets a 1099 or W2 she is concerned about the need to file a tax return. My understanding is that she could do it herself and not have to pay tax anyways as she is out of the USA and with the FEIE wouldn't be subject to Fed tax anyways.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawyerDavid replied 7 months ago.

Hello Jason, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. As a U.S. citizen she is required to report and pay taxes on her income even if earned in a foreign country. It is a part of being a U.S. citizen. Here is a link to the IRS website that explains the requirements in this situation.

I hope this helps. All the best, David

Related Employment Law Questions