How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 34507
Experience:  More than 30 years in legal practice.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife just pased on jan 1st, who,s hr? at will, how l go

Customer Question

my wife just pased on jan 1st
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: who,s hr?
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: at will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how l go about filing for her
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.
Good afternoon. My condolences for your loss. What is your question?
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.
If your question is with regarding to collecting her pension as her beneficiary, you will need to contact the plan administrator. The employer's HR dept can put you incontact with the plan administrator and they will have the forms you need to fill out to claim the pension.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!