Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Four months ago my heath insurance was canceled I just found

Customer Question

four months ago my heath insurance was canceled I just found out today I called my insurance provider and the say I was dropped for non payment, When I retire the plan was to withhold the insurance payment from my pension check. this was change last April my company kept paying out my pension check withholding the amount to August. then stopped I was never told, The insurance ran out in September which I just found out today for non payment. I called the them to see what I could do. They told me the would submit a case request. If this comes back that they will not insure me what are my options
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: I called HR and the told me to call the insurance provider,
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I was a full time employee for 39 years it is part of my retirement package
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just if they refuse to readmit me to the plan what are my options
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about this mix-up. Your insurance should be reinstated. Otherwise, you would need to go to the "healthcare marketplace" to find a comparable insurance coverage for your needs. Click here for more information.

Best wishes,