How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12928
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I suit my husband company where he and his coworker was

Customer Question

Can I suit my husband company where he and his coworker was having the affair and they both still work for the company
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Unfortunately, no, a lawsuit cannot be brought against the company, as they are not liable for the personal decisions made by your husband. Courts have specifically addressed this issue and the result has consistently been the same. I am very sorry I cannot provide better news but I trust you will appreciate an honest and direct answer to your question.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can I write a letter to the company about what has happened because she was also on the clock having the affair during company time?
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Yes absolutely. You just want to make sure not to make any false statements of fact, as that could expose you to a claim for defamation. But provided your statements are true there is nothing inherently illegal about contacting the employer in this type of situation.

Again if there is anything more I can do for you just let me know. It's my pleasure....

Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Was there anything else I can do for you?

Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Can you please let me know if you are still getting my messages to you?