Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

763-350-0731) In 1999 I had to leave the Bricklayers trade

Customer Question

my name is*****(###) ###-####
In 1999 I had to leave the Bricklayers trade due to work related shoulder injuries. I had already a vested pension 12+ years and was qualified to take an early retirement at 55 at a reduced rate. a few months ago I applied for my early retirement since I will be 55 tomorrow and was given a letter recently that stated due to the pension status that my early retirement was just changed in August of 2016 and I no longer qualify. Except for 1-option to come back to work as a Bricklayer for 3-years and then I would qualify.... Since I physically cannot do that type of work-I'm hoping with representation to somehow appeal this -with those specific facts that was signed off from a work-comp judge years ago?? I'm hoping you may be able to help-?? gene , Minnesota.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

what is their position as to why you dont qualify? when would you qualify according to them?

awaiting your reply.