How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I stop paying Union dues? Any sample of Letter of

Customer Question

How can I stop paying Union dues? Any sample of Letter of Resignation? The reason is I have 4 menial jobs and each of them withdraws $35 from my paycheck, totalling $140 each month. I have alm ost nothing left for surviving. Thank you very much.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page. Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Seatle, Washington
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: all 4 are part time. I'm a caregiver
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was told just to write a letter the Unions, but my Englis is not good enough to express my wants.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 6 months ago.

If you want to withdraw from the union, I would suggest speaking with your union rep first. You can then confirm and send a letter withdrawing from the union. You may simply send the letter. The letter should be polite appreciating being a member, but now seeking to withdraw for the time being and offering to reconsider this in the future.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 6 months ago.

Let me know if that is fast and clear.

Related Employment Law Questions