Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was hurt at work and drawed workmen's comp and I was

Customer Question

I was hurt at work and drawed workmen's comp and I was released to go back to work in April and they denied me benifts saying I walked off the job and so I had to file a appeal and I guess I didn't do it in a timely manner so they want me to work four weeks and earn more or qual to my earnings and how long do I have to wait before I can draw my unemployment again seems I'm laid off due to the union and weather
JA: We take care of them immediately, but sometimes it takes 3 to 5 days for the banks to process things.
Customer: Can I draw unemployment after a period of time
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Illinois
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I'm confused about waiting period of when I might be able to draw again
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think what I did was is I filed my unemployment in Feb and I was going to draw workmen's comp and I never appealed the determination and they said I walk off job so when I filed unemployment it said I didn't do it in a timely manner
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,