Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am up for a promotion and our chief was going to announce

Customer Question

I am up for a promotion and our chief was going to announce promotion when co worker submitted complaint about me that morning that I'd bullied her 14 months prior. Now, promotion is on hold until HR clears me of allegation. I am confident that she filed this upon hearing that I was getting promoted instead of her. She is a department busybody who will start rumors. Once cleared, I'd like to file a civil case against her to teach her that the office isn't her playground. What she has done has jeopardized my career and created division in the workplace.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: union full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm just seeking some guidance. I know that union will not assist union member v. union member
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulty.

If you are cleared, there is nothing to file against the co-worker except asking the Human Resources Department to discipline her for filing false complaint against you.

Human Resources Department would have it on record that her claim is false--without merit and that would make her future complaints against you very suspect.

Best wishes,