Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was just terminated from a hospital residency. I have been

Customer Question
i was just terminated from...
i was just terminated from a hospital residency. I have been working there since June and it has been a hostile environment to be working with the residency director. She has not communicated clearly and has been unrelenting in her criticism of my work. I am the only male in the resdient group and feel targeted. She has isolated me from my peers in my work. Most recently, she placed me on a 'performance improvement' plan and had me meet with HR (unannounced). During this time, she was unable to give specific examples of where I need to improve and was very generic. She told me that she doesn't know how to teach me. She has accused me of plagiarizing on my own study guide that was not for publication. Since then, she has been vindictive and punitive. Do I have any rights?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
11/28/2016
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

Yes, you do. I am sorry to hear that. I would submit a complaint in writing to the HR department to have them reconsider. If they fail to respond then you should contact a local attorney who specializes in employment law. They would pursue a claim for discrimination, harassment, and a hostile work environment. Sometimes simply getting an attorney involved can get their attention.

If you have no further questions a positive rating of 5 stars would be greatly appreciated.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer