How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Marine Grandson that worked for Chevron Oil In

Customer Question

I have a Marine Grandson that worked for Chevron Oil In Hawaii thay were bought out by another company The majority were laid off and had to come to my home in Ill. He cant to seem how to collect unemployment insurance. I sent him money to come home and thay told him when he gets back into the states to put in for it He worked there for about 2 years. Thay are telling him now he has to put in for it back in Hawaii. What can we do? I am his Grandfather trying to find Help. Thankyou you can call me at(###) ###-####or at***@******.*** My name is*****
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: He is living with me in Fox Lake Il.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just need help.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 months ago.

are you asking if he can file where he resides or needs to file where he worked?

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 months ago.

Please reply so I can better focus the answer, thank you