Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am a veteran who goes to the local va for meds, aceck ups

Customer Question
I am a veteran who...
I am a veteran who goes to the local va for meds , aceck ups etc
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: oops sorry. hit the wrong button. Anyway, I do not do any illegal drugs, have never been tested and found to have any in my system etc. I am in constant pain due to sciatica and other (old age) conditions. I used to have a prescription for 500mg hydrocodone meds for the pain. They stopped giving them to me several years ago and told me to take ibuprofen or aspirin etc. for the pain. I requested once again that my VA doctor send me some hydrocodone. He sent me 30 tablets of naltrexone which is for people who have an addiction to opiates. Can I sue the VA for putting me making me endure this pain when they have painkillers that work but refuse to give them to me ?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: oregon This isn't about employment. this is about getting the VA to give me pain killers strong enough to dull the pain i'm constantly in.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm sure he / she will ask me what he needs to know.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
11/26/2016
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Legally, it is up to the doctor to decide what to prescribe to patients. Narcotics are not supposed to be prescribed without an in patient visit. If the doctor did not wish to prescribe the hydrocodone any longer that is actually the doctor's right and there is no law mandating any doctor write narcotic prescriptions I am afraid. Your recourse in this type of case is to go to a new pain clinic and see a new doctor.
This is not sufficient cause to sue over though.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney