How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 56482
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm about to go back to hourly pay after being on salary for

Customer Question

i'm about to go back to hourly pay after being on salary for the last year. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what my hourly rate will be. my pay stub says I get paid $16.83 for an 80 hour work week. is that still my pay rate after I go back to hourly?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Employment Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: so you can just pull money out once I put my card info on here?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: florida
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: what is the diffrence
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess it would be full time?
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 months ago.

Company has to issue you your pay rate when you return. You need not guess or speculate on the rate. This is required under the law. You may ask HR if not provided. Let me know if that is clear.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
that means they have to pay me $16.83 on an hourly rate because that's what I've been making all year? just want to make sure I know what i'm talking about when I bring this back up with my boss?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 months ago.
If you didn't get notice of a change your old rate continues.
Kindly rate me five stars. Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what would be my next steps if they try to keep disputing the pay rate? my boss keeps saying $15.00 hour will be my pay rate even though my pay stub says $16.83 and I've not been given any notice of pay decrees
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 months ago.
You can complain in writing to HR.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.The labor board can be alerted as well and Local counsel can place a call.Kindly rate me five stars.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 months ago.

Thanks in advance.

Related Employment Law Questions