How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm trying to find an attorney that will take my case of

Customer Question

I'm trying to find an attorney that will take my case of defamation of character against another employee and the employer , fired and accused of selling illegal drugs out of the work place where there are camera's everywhere inside and outside no possible way you can get away with anything . I asked the boss to let me see on the video where im selling them and they said they haven't seen them yet but fired me anyways on hear say of the employee which does not work with me there's just two of us working there we do 12 hr shifts with no lunch breaks, so they fired me on just hear say with no proof at all ..did not talk to me bout it, or ask if i was no warning written warning .. and will not give me a termination letter as to why. now there trying to change their story and say i was late and wasn't doing my job and mind you they just took over ownership in february 2016 . I was hired in aug of 2014 been there foe 2 years how could you not know how to do your job by then was late one time while the other employee has been late numerous times ... Was fired on Oct 3 2016 filed a complaint with department of labor signed the form and sent it back on Nov 22 2016 .. So just waiting to hear back from them , but in the mean i would like to find an attorney to sue Beth Leroy(bosses) and Connie the employee from slandering me putting my name out there like that and still telling people i got fires for selling them . my kids 13 and 15 have to go to school hearing this and we live in a small town how can i get a job with this on my record move on with my life i just bought a house and a car i still need to pay for i just would like to fight this prove them wrong and a public apology from the boss and sue Connie for false accusations .. I live in North Dakota 40 miles from Fargo, ND can you help me find one
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: North Dakota
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: at will and I understand the policy for at will and it was full time 80+hrs every two weeks .. But they should not be able to slander me like that or accuse me of something someone says , And I believe it is discrimination towards me cause "m Hispanic Cause not even a week later they hired a Caucasian girl that had just got out of prison for drug use and pills and had also been in jail for prostitution..
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that right now i do not funds for lawyer, i do however have parents that are willing to find me an attorney and pay for it .
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: thank you
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

Do you want to sue for wrongful termination in addition to defamation?

Which County did this happen in?