Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Tina, I have a question about the Federal injunction on

Customer Question

Hi Tina, I have a long question about the Federal injunction on overtime pay that was initiated last night.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Weel i'm in new Jersey, but the issue is with my son and his company in Florida. The company is Oldcastle and i bekieve hQ is in Atlants
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time salaried . My son got a letter yesterday that stated he(and all his counterparts) that are "Sales Reps" into Lowes and Home Depot were going to be reclassified as non-exemptt hourly "Merchandiser" employees as of 12/1/16 and his pay would be reduced from $40k to $35k
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: PS.. sorry, my typing is not great!!
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can they do this anyway...in light of the Injunction...??
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your long question about this? I see the short question about "can they do this in light of the injunction?"
Is your son an at will employee (one without any written contract to the contrary)?