ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

I am told that the implementation of the new overtime regs

Customer Question

I am told that the implementation of the new overtime regs has been stayed by a court. Is this true?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New York State
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time and some part time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's about it right now
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

That's correct. The rules were "stayed" nationwide, in the case Nevada v U.S. Department of Labor, 16-00731, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas (Sherman). As it's nationwide, until another court (an appellate court) overturns the injunction, it won't be enforced yet.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

(fyi, you can view the injunction here: https://app.box.com/s/370ustjxj7bll2v72ru8o1rivqzy11rg)

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions).

If you can't see the stars, you may need to scroll up / down / left / or right to see them. This is where you rate so that the question will close out.

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.

Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 9 months ago.

If there's nothing else, please rate this answer.