Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Is it leagal to do phone interview over the phone for

Customer Question
employment JA: Have you documented this...
is it leagal to do phone interview over the phone for employment
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: no the town hired a guy that was home from utah at interview time for the job
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: to start i guess i need to explain my question i wotked for the town of medway as a parttime permanent employee on a full time person retired and they put out app for the job and i was not qualified for the job
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i feel i was discrimated againsts for age
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Employment Law
11/22/2016
Employment Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 12 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Yes, there is nothing illegal about doing an interview online. This happens all the time, actually.

If you feel you were discriminated against due to age (40 or over), then someone in your situation can file a discrimination complaint with the EEOC - see HERE. However, the fact that the interview was done online does not relate to the age discrimination matter.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!
Ely, Counselor at Law