Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My question is in regards to my employers 401(k) plan. Is

Customer Question
my question is in regards...
my question is in regards ***** ***** employers 401(k) plan. Is this something you can address
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: PA
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time employee at will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Employer has a 401(k) plan which automatically increases deferrals each year. Fidelity (investor) reflects a contribution of 7% but the payroll provider is only deducting 5%. This was an administrative error over a two year period. I have lost the tax benefits and investment contributions as a result. They are recognizing their is not a seamless correspondence between investor and payroll provider but are not willing to make me whole for the loss of two years worth of contributions.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
11/18/2016
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear that. You may want to consider filing a lawsuit against the culpable parties for breach of contract and of fiduciary duty.

I think you have a strong case here.

If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer