Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
11068102

In the state of is it unlawful for a person working in the

Customer Question

Hi in the state of virginia is it unlawful for a person working in the same medical facility to take a photo of you without your knowledge and cause u to get terminated
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Virginia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I was called in to my place of employment to receive my termination papers based off the picture received by the nurse in charged that I knew nothing about
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was fired
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

No, there is no law that prevents the taking of photographs of employees at their place of work in the medical facility. The only law regarding this is that a person couldn't take photographs in a location where there is a "reasonable explanation of privacy" such as a dressing room or a bathroom. It doesn't mean that the employee has an expectation of privacy, it is a general "reasonable person" standard.