Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I do I confirm whether I am a bargaining unit employee? My

Customer Question
I do I confirm whether...
I do I confirm whether I am a bargaining unit employee?
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: My apologies, typo, How do I confirm whether I am a bargaining unit employee with the federal government?
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I believe it is union
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, the reason I am asking this is that my supervisor is making many errors and not evaluating me correctly. I want to file a grievance against him with the union.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
11/17/2016
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you.

The easiest and most foolproof way to find out is to ask the union. They know which employees are park of the bargaining unit and which are not--it's their job. If for some reason they cannot answer your question or you disagree with their answer, you can request a copy of the union contract (very often these are simply posted online and searchable by anyone), which should define the bargaining unit in its initial paragraph and should be very clear.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer