How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 56568
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to know if I can sue my previous boss for harasment

Customer Question

I want to know if I can sue my previous boss for harasment and deformation of character?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I was forced out of my job and now she is bad mouthing me all over the state saying I never did my job which I worked at for 11 Years
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: It was a full time job and I also worked from home
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a few letters from members who were at the special meeting was called to put me on the fire
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 months ago.

what generally did the statements say? were they made to you or to others?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They were made to me others telling me I was not doing my job and would not let defend myself and had a whole file on me that I was not able to look at
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 months ago.

You can pursue a complaint as to the harassment with the company. You can pursue defamation to the extent false statements were made about you to others.

Related Employment Law Questions